The Future of Media: Getting It Right Today
During the past decade, digital technology has changed the way news is created and consumed.
Faster mobile networks and more powerful mobile devices have reshaped journalism and news organizations. Social media, chat apps, and bots are impacting the news habits of consumers.
News agencies have to reach out to audiences through various platforms, and journalists are required to do richer and deeper content.
The next wave of disruption is touted to be even more profound with the use of drones, artificial intelligence, the blockchain, 360-degree video, and virtual reality. Media organizations will soon have to adapt to augmented reality and automated journalism as these new digital technologies develop algorithms to interpret news and visual data.
This course will take you through stimulating conversations on the trends of technology in media innovation and how both, the media organizations and audiences are embracing them. Take part in a visit to a virtual reality hub to gain an understanding of this new trend, while also discussing the challenges and potential solutions as we look to the future of the media.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how digital technologies have altered the nature and function of media in our society
- Develop a renewed focus on technology-enabled and technology-led news gathering, processing, and reporting
- Engage in critical discourse on the way audiences are consuming news in a technology and mobile-driven era
- Apply best practices of new media organisations in a digital landscape
This course is for you if
- You’re a media enthusiast who wants to understand the current media landscape
- You are a media practitioner who wants to engage in a critical discourse of the impact of technology and best practices in digital media organizations
- You are a fresh school leaver who wants to pursue a career in journalism and gain a perspective of current trends in the media industry.
What you will learn
- Media Trends in the Digital Age: Past, Present, and Future
- The Evolution of Online Media in Malaysia
- New Approaches to Journalism and Providing Content
- The Use of Virtual Reality in Today’s Media
- Audience Evolution in Shaping the Media
- The Economics of the New Media: Rethinking the Business Model
Meet your trainer
To be confirmed