Social Media Storytelling
There is no denying that social media has now become one of the fastest and most powerful tools to disseminate news as quickly as something occurs.
Initially, many in the newsroom were sceptical about using social media as a journalistic platform in its own right. However, with the market now crowded with content, you have no choice but to stand out and feel different in people’s newsfeeds.
Stories travel very far online, especially when they are told in the right way – the right content, post formats, and time of posting – will ensure that they are accessible to a wider audience.
Most social media users are made up of a younger audience with short attention spans. Therefore, there is a different hierarchy in terms of content, where you have to now put the best information right at the start, rather than saving it for the last.
So if you are keen to find out the what, how and when of social media storytelling, this course would be the right one for you!
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the story you wish to tell and manipulate social media tools to better tell it
- Target your audiences and employ the best social media platforms for getting your stories viral
- Apply social media time management around your digital storytelling
- Build your social media presence
- Manage a social media crisis
This course is for you if
- You’re a media enthusiast who wants to experiment with social media storytelling and get a quick sampling of some of the interesting approaches available
- You are a media practitioner who wants to get a better sense of how social media can be used to enhance your newsroom activities and increase engagement with your audiences
- You are a fresh school leaver who wants to pursue a career in journalism and understand the growing role of social media in the gathering and dissemination of news and the many ways to make the most of this technology
What you will learn
- Social Media Forces at the Gate: An Active Audience
- Social Media Editorial Strategies
- Social Media Branding and Journalism
- Mastering Social Media for Reporting
- From the Field: The Social Journalist
Meet your Trainer
Note: Trainers may change due to availability.
8 – 9 & 15 – 16 August 2020 (Sat & Sun only; 9:30am to 5:30pm)