Media Relations: Towards Better Press Coverage
Organisations recognise the power of the media in affecting their business objectives and reputation to all its stakeholders. To protect and strengthen one’s position and credibility in the industry, it is necessary for members of management to be equipped with the knowledge and skills to effectively work with the media and build effective long-lasting relationships with journalists and editors.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Know and understand the Malaysian media landscape.
- Understand the impact of media coverage on the organisation’s image and operations.
- Build relationships and communicate effectively with media professionals.
- Prepare effective talking points and manage media interviews and enquiries.
- Conduct successful press briefings.
- Write clear and effective press releases.
- Protect confidential information effectively.
- Pitch stories to enhance long-term credibility for the organisation
This course is for you if
You are a manager or executive
You are a corporate communications professional, and company spokesperson with practical knowledge and skills to manage the media, as well as, the work they produce
What you will learn
Strategic Media Engagement
- Impact of Media Coverage on an Organisation’s Image and Operations
- The Malaysian Media Landscape: Engaging with Different Media
- Working with Journalists to Shape Coverage
- News Judgement: What Makes News
- Generating Creative News Angles and Press Releases
- Pitching News: Selling-in Stories to Journalists
Press Conference Management
- When and How to Use Press Conferences
- Press Conference Planning: Venues, Resources, Materials and Spokespeople
- Coaching Spokespeople: Performing Effectively in Media Interviews
- Press Conference Execution: Making it Happen
- Press Conference Facilitation: Role of PR in Hosting, Stage-Managing and Troubleshooting
16th to 24th November 2019 (9:30am to 5:30pm)